Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day 23 Rainy day


AMAYW veg is wonderful! I'm so happy!
I sprinkled cottage cheese on my vegetables.
I did my workout first thing in the morning and I took shower. So by the time I eat my breakfast, I was starving. Every meal makes me so happy. Because they are tasty and they're making me strong and healthy.
In the past I always felt guilty about what and how I eat. Every time I order desert, I buy brownies at the bake sale, eat chocolate during morning recess, and so on.

But now I know what to eat and I don't have to feel guilty. It is great. I don't have to think about if I should order cheese cake or apple pie, that's not my option now. PCP makes my life so easy and simple.
As I eat this way, I think my thoughts are getting clearer.

I started running in the fall of 2006.
First 3 km, then 5 km, 10 km.
I ran the 10 km race in March 2007.
I also started running trails almost every weekend, 10 ~ 20 km each time and I ran the 15 km trail running race in April 2007 and 2008.
I was eating a lot, and drinking beer, wine every occasion I had.
But I lost about 10 kg by January 2008.

However it was too much for my knees.
Running 10-20 km every weekend was not for me.
I'm not an athlete who's aiming for iron man race. I wanted to use my time for other things.
Running in the trail plus socializing, eating and drinking took too much time from my weekend.

I stopped running completely by January 2009.
I did not stop eating... big problem !!

As a result..... I gained 12 kg !
I was aware that it is not a healthy situation, but I did not feel like starting anything until my colleague told me about PCP!

I needed discipline and freedom and PCP has the both. I can do my workout whenever I want as long as I do once a day and I can choose my vegetables and fruits. I just have to weigh them.

I feel that I am getting stronger and better every day.
As I see the difference in my teammates' photos, I tell myself, push yourself, Naoko!

Happy Day 23!!






3 comments:

  1. haha YES love the AMAYW vegetables. I do take advantage of that. I nice salad binge in the afternoon!

    I love reading your blog, It is so cheerful and optimistic. Complete contrast to mine! haha

    You're doing great Naoko!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your looking really good in your photo this week! ooh and your meals look great! good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your body is starting to communicate with you again. Listen closely!

    ReplyDelete