Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 65 Tokyo

Workout in the morning before breakfast.
It took me 1 hour 8 minutes today.
Patrick's email said that we should aim for muscle failure.
But at the end of last set of "standing ovation""curl""outside curl", I did not feel "muscle failure" so I tried more. I couldn't feel the failure even after 50.
I'm doing wrong or I should buy a new band?
90 seconds "plank" was very very hard. Towards the end of the 4th set, I was trembling, sweating, feeling pain, so close to crash.

I went to Tokyo. It took 1 hour 40 minutes from my place to Omotesando where I met my friend.
It's been 16 years or more since the last time I saw her.
We first met at the driving school. We were both taking the course for  400 cc motorcycle.  She was still undergraduate back then and I was teaching at American School In Japan.  After we got our licenses, we went on motorcycle touring together. She graduated, became an architect.

We just talked and talked, a lot of things ( good and bad ) had happened to our life, so much to catch up.
She's married, has one kid, still rides motorcycle. I sold mine this spring.  Maybe I will ride again.


Lunch was at Vegetarian cafe. Brown rice and a lot of veggies, miso soup, a bit salty for me. I missed protein for lunch.
By the time I got on the but to go home, I was starving and I had to have a bite of bread that I bought at the bakery in Tokyo...... well I know no carbs for afternoon snack but I was desperate. As soon as I got home I ate my chicken in the fridge.

For dinner I had tuna sashimi with avocado and lots of steamed veggies, tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper with yogurt. ( Yogurt suppose to be evening snack but I really like my veggies with yogurt )

My diet was not perfect but I hope it's OK.

3 comments:

  1. This is the tricky balance, having a life, meeting friends, going out to eat, and the downside of not hitting all your gram marks which WILL show up on your body. There's a time and place for both choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's great is that you are thinking through your choices and not making them mechanically. We do the best we can in the all circumstances - right? The trick is to be in the right circumstances as much of the time as we can.

    ReplyDelete