Friday, August 13, 2010

Day 74

Forward shoulder raise and shoulder fly were so hard. Chicken wing was OK.
My shoulders are sore.
I tried  "keep a little space between the back of the knee and your calf to make the Creep a real killer."
After 2 steps, I gave up. Well I shouldn't give up but I was afraid that I will not be able to walk normally afterwards.

It is OBON week in Japan. Many people take summer vacation this time of the year. It is crowded everywhere.
I went to my favorite bakery to buy my favorite bread and then I did my grocery shopping.
Other than that I just stayed home, doing my workout, reading book, reading everyone's post and I took nap. The beach is also crowded when I walked my dog in the morning and in the evening.
Some live music was going on at several beach houses. I used to enjoy the music there but not this year.
Since I don't drink this summer I kind of lost interest. I'd rather stay home quietly.
It is not just PCP diet, maybe I am tired of socializing... it worries me a bit. Because I feel like I am isolated from people and people might forget about me and when I want to be with people, there might not anyone out there who wants to be with me.
Am I going to spend  lonely old days ????

But I really enjoy being by myself now.
I like being home with my dog.
Prepare my meal, weigh them, eat them, do my workout, write my post, read everyone's post...
Summer holiday is almost over.
Back to School, back to work on Monday.




8 comments:

  1. I loved that comment about "to make Creep a real killer." Wait, it's not a killer now?? :)

    I think you're just focusing on yourself for a little while and that's okay. You really have to be comfortable with yourself to be able to spend time alone, and it sounds like you are. Besides, in a week, when school starts again, you'll be busy and surrounded by people. It's okay to have some quiet days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. agree with tara; enjoy the calmness while you can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Naoko I have many of the same feelings about being alone these days. I think we should not worry too much about the future and instead enjoy this time focusing on ourselves. Things will balance out naturally, I'm pretty sure of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looking nice and trim in your photos!

    i was worried too that people might forget to call me to go out but you can always call them after your done with the pcp (or even before if you can resist temptation). :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Naoko, I totally understand. I've been spending and enjoying a lot of time alone, and to be honest, I think it's a good thing. I don't think we'll stop being social people...maybe we just needed some time to really look inward.

    PS Love that bikini top! It's smokin!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Life is cycles. Three months of a lot of alone time followed by three months of a big social life. Be like the trees, plants, and even your dog, BE SEASONAL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are looking great Naoko! yeah ive been feeling the same too - a bit insociable saying no to some drinks and dinners etc. only two more weeks to go and we can join our friends!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cycles.

    We are the same age, Naoko, and I also am alone (although I am raising my son). But I think about getting older and whether it will be a solitary journey.

    Life is generally full of surprises. I try to control it and usually make a big mess of things. (Choosing the wrong person out of loneliness was the last big mistake I made!) Better to let life take its own way with us - if we can be healthy and happy within the present cycle then life will roll on in some direction we never could have anticipated.

    And yes you are looking beautiful!

    ReplyDelete