Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day 66 Great workout !

Workout in Yokohama today.
Patrick, Kazue san and I did the workout together.
First of all, Patrick said "Aim for 50 minutes"
"Ah, it took 1 hour 8 minutes yesterday and I wasn't moving slow... I think."
Well if Patrick says 50 minutes, it has to be 50 minutes.
The floor of the studio is much better than my house for jumping.
3 adults jumping together is something. Patrick is jumping ultra fast, double, moving left to right, Kazue san is skipping and I am the most boring jumper because if I try something different I trip.
Between 5 minutes jump was like 30 seconds or something. That's not really enough to catch my breath but I did.
After jumping, it was bang, bang, bang ! Going very quickly one after another.
At home I am still doing incline pull-up however at the studio I challenge proper pull-up. The thing is I can't pull myself up without help.
Elevated triceps dip was very very hard. To do this 6 sets was very challenging. Towards the end of 5th and 6th set, I felt the muscle failure.
I can't do Kung-fu sit up properly. Kazue san's legs touched the bar! All I could do was to pull my legs up to my waist high. Of course Patrick was doing just like a orangutan !!
Bicycle was a torture ! I barely keep the feet up from the floor.
When finished 5th set, it was 48 minutes !!

It was very intense but great workout.
Thank you, Patrick and Kazue san.

I bought a tall ice coffee @ Starbucks and had my after workout boiled egg white, yogurt and my lunch in my car.
I had an appointment at beauty salon to have my pedicure done.


In the evening at the beach.
It's hot during the day and it gets cooler in the evening. The sky was beautiful.
It is very unusual to be able to see Mt. Fuji so often in summer.
We are not getting Typhoons this year, I am not complaining but it is wired.

24 more days, I want to loose weight ( fat ) !!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. What a great day! Thank you for posting about your workouts with Patrick -- those of us who can't get to Yokohama can really benefit from your experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I am so impressed with how quickly you did the workout today! it took me 1 hour 2 minutes, I think. I struggled a bit to be as on the ball time-wise as I have been the past few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - when I read about your workouts with Patrick, I experience a mixture of inspiration and envy! Like Tara, I'm so glad you're posting about this in detail. One of the biggest hardships for me in this program is the absence of hands-on assists and in-person encouragement. It's the same with yoga - I get a lot out of my personal practice, but I also gain so much inspiration by being with and learning from different teachers. It gets a little lonely doing these workouts every day on my own! Ah, well.

    Patrick - when are u coming to NY??? You've got a bunch of PCP'ers ready to kick some workout butt with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful sunset at the beach! I miss the ocean. Sounds like a great all-around day. Good workout, pedicure and sunset at the beach. A+ day!

    If you ever get tired of tripping, my friend takes a body pump class in which the instructor tells the rope trippers not to use the rope and just jump in place and move their wrists like they are turning the rope.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That workout was hardcore. My rhomboids are sore. I'm going to do a car trip across America sometime and meet everyone in person! I could show up ANY day all you pcpers, so stay fit!

    ReplyDelete