Saturday, August 28, 2010

Day 89

Did yoga @ beach this morning.
And went Stand up paddling with my friend Kossie.
The sea was a bit choppy and we had head wind. I had to paddle hard, didn't have easiness to chat while paddling. Stand up paddling requires all the muscles. I am so glad that I've been working hard.
We paddled to the island, put our paddle board on the island, we jumped in the water, went snorkeling.
Water was perfect. Not cold, not too warm. And I felt something stung my arm, ah, jelly fish !!!
I saw 2 of them swim away.

Kossie caught an abal*ne and an oct*pus. He is a kind of guy who won't starve without money.  Paddling back was fast.
Sashimi was sooooo goooood. It was hot, I was thirsty and I had BEER !!!

I took nap and did my workout in the evening.
Davinci and forward shoulder raise were hard, I became failure every set.
And somewhat today's plank was harder than yesterday.


PCP is powerful.
When I felt that I don't have social life because of food we can eat, I could have quit the program.
When I really did not want to spend 1 hour for workout, I could have quit the program.
But I didn't.
Because I really want to finish 90 day program with my team mate.

I used to wear size S or  size 2 pants when my weight was 6 kg less than now. I tried those pants today. Mysteriously they fit me !!
Why?
I weigh more but I am almost slim as 3 years ago ?

What I was doing 3 years ago was just running 20~25 km on week end. Ran the race twice a year. Exhausted and I drank beer, ate whatever I like.
I never really liked running. Trail running was hard. I knew it's not something I want to keep doing.

PCP is different. This is life long thing. This is what I will do until the day I die. Eat healthy, exercise everyday, sleep well.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, the weight vs. pants size thing is strange to me too! I've spent my whole life thinking about my weight first, THEN the clothing size. Now I'm finding it's the other way around.

    And I understand about running too -- we do it because we think it's good for us, but if we don't really like (and I know some people do) then it's really hard to keep doing it. I'm so happy you're finding a way that works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naoko I'm so glad you did the program and never quit!
    I also understand about running. The main reasons I used to do it were to clear my mind and then sometimes to socialize with one of my close friends. Now the jumping is much more zen for me than running, and I go on walks with my friend and we still get to have our nice long talks. Plus, now my body is so much stronger and well-rested, and not tired all the time from too much running.

    I'm so glad we've all discovered this new way of being fit and healthy, together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell as many people as you can that your weight is just a stupid number!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You found your true body once again!

    ReplyDelete