Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 73

Day 72 workout today with Patrick.

Patrick told me not to put arms all the way back when doing the standing ovation, since when the arms were in the back there weren't any tension to them.
So it's harder to do them in smaller arch.
And Patrick decided  my band is not strong enough for me, so he let me use his band.
OMG !! It was extremely hard !!!
I felt like that my whole body will be pulled back !!
And if I lean forward so that I won't be pulled back,
he says "Don't lean."
So I really had to stand firm.
My arms were shaking and I found it difficult to lift my arm to take the band off from the sliding door.

Leg up was done differently.
Patrick brought a bench and every other set, lay down on the bench and lower the legs all the way down.
This was hard. By the end of the 3rd time I did this bench leg up, my abs gave up and I could not pull the legs all the way up.

After that killer leg up was of course the demonic 90 seconds plunk!!
Actually I don't dislike plunk but it was a torture today.
I just couldn't believe why my body is trying so hard when I am suffering so much.
Am I enjoying the pain????
When it gets to the 4th set finally, Patrick was standing on his head and says "If your are bored, you should try this." then he did one arm plunk, one leg plunk and so on. That made me laugh when poor my abs trying so hard to keep my body straight !!!
However I felt the 4th set shorter than other sets thanking to Patrick's entertainment.

Jumping was the last today because the Kung-Fu Body people are coming at the end of my session.
I was already pretty tired from the workout so the 1st 6 minutes was tiring.
When I finished my 1st set, we introduced each other.
Sean said that PCP was the best thing in his life.  It was my honor to meet PCP graduates and present KFBers.
I just realized that the other lady was Jessica, I didn't get to talk to her... oh no!  I was worn out  ... not intended to be rude.

Did the 3rd 6 min. jumps with everyone.
Everyone else is jumping ultra fast, double, etc.... I felt like a freshman among the seniors in HS.

When I was ready to leave, every one was kicking so high in the air.

Wow.... KFB is a hardcore and looking cool !

Next Yokohama session is on 17th, my birthday.
PCP workout w/Patrick  is the birthday present that I give to myself !

17 more days to go !

6 comments:

  1. Yeah, birthday workout is going to be hardcore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading about these workouts with Patrick. Sometimes I try to imagine that he's standing next to me while I crank out that last set or whatever -- and he wouldn't like it if I just wussed out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Patrick would roll his eyes at me a lot. Thanks for making me laugh out loud at the picture of him demonstrating how to make planks not boring....

    Hmmm...must fashion a bench for myself. Sounds like you're really working it, Naoko! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And Naoko, I have to tell you -- your picture this week is looking fantastic!! Check out those arms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You push yourself even without Patrick! Bravo as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL no worries, you made it through our punch tunnel!!! You were working HARD!!!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete