Saturday, August 7, 2010

Day 68 Ocean Day !

Yoga @ beach at 7:00 am.
Then breakfast @ beach house "Umigoya"
After breakfast I went stand up paddling with my beach friend, Kossie.
He sells wet suit, windsurf board, stand up board, etc.
I got to know him @ "Umigoya" last summer.
He does all kinds of ocean sports and is good at them.
Stand up board is large so pretty stable and you can also surf.
We paddle to the island. It took us about 30 minutes to get to the island.
I felt my legs, abs, shoulders, arms, all my muscles were working hard.
Thanks to PCP workout, I paddled without any difficulties.
When we get to the island, we put our boards on the island and went swimming.
I saw a spoon next to the paddle, so I asked Kossie
"Why do you have a spoon ?"
"Just in case. If I'm lucky"

Water was clear and warm.
It was so nice to swim there. So refreshing. No jelly fish.
No one was there !!!
I just float for a while.
Kossie was diving  under water searching for something.
And he got  an aba*one !!!!
Big one !
It did not fit in his pocket.
But I had a Patagonia hat that has a secret pocket inside !!
Paddling back was quicker.
And we had "aba*one" sashimi @ beach house "Umigoya" with some friends.
I bought Kossie a beer for catching abal*ne for us,  I had sparkling water.
It would have been nice to have a beer with sashimi but I have a strong will power now.


I did my workout after a nap.
Jumping is much better.
5 minutes is not desperately long any more.
I did the push ups with my knees down.
Plank was a killer.
This is the hardest one. Really hard !!! Insanely hard!!!!!
Towards the end of 90 seconds, I kept telling me that
"Oh my God, I can't do this, I can't do this."
When finished, I couldn't move for a while.

It was a good day.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect day! I can't believe you had abalone straight from the sea. YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, it was moving on the kitchen counter. It was fresh !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, the 90 second planks are KILLING me!! I am giving myself a harder time mentally on these than anything else, but they truly are the hardest things physically too. ah well, hopefully they will get easier? My form was very bad on them today - must be more mindful of that in the future...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing. I wish I lived where you do! Maybe I can visit one day.

    90 second planks. I am in awe that you can do the whole thing. Wow. And you are my age!! You are incredible!

    ReplyDelete