Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day 78 Birthday & Indulgence

I was in my classroom preparing for classes, bunch of people, former students, my colleagues came in singing "Happy Birthday".
And one of my favorite students who just graduated this June gave me this card. I was sooooo happy.
Getting old is not so bad and actually I feel so young!!

Workout today was a hardcore as Patrick said. It was extremely hot today and jumping for 7 minutes was almost suicide to me. The 1st set went well but the 2nd and the 3rd set was disaster. I tripped so many times and was out of breath. Did the Day 83 workout because I don't have a pull up bar at home.
After the jump was bang, bang, bang as usual no break or what so ever. I was sweating throughout the workout. It felt almost unreal and felt dizzy that I couldn't count right. When finished the last set of bicycle, I was soooooo happy!!!
Thank you Patrick for great workout. I saw you sweating today!! It really was hot.

I bought ice coffee and cherry pie at Starbucks. I had after workout egg white and yogurt.
Then I ate cherry pie that I really wanted to eat for my last indulgence. It was good with ice coffee.

I went home, took shower then I had my real indulgence at  the beach house "Matsu (means pine tree in Japanese)" with my friends.
I had
Beer, white wine and strawberry cocktail 
We shared
Pumpkin gratin, marinated tuna with veggies, egg plant paste with bread, zucchini and anchovy pizza.
The waitress sang "Happy Birthday" each time she served dishes. And my friend, photographer  bought  me a glass of strawberry cocktail with a chocolate covered strawberry.

Was the best indulgence ever !!!
I had a real good time with friends. 


9 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY NAOKO!! Sounds like you really celebrated in style, with a great workout and a great meal with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Happy Birthday, Naoko! A birthday is a good way to top off the PCP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy happy birthday, Naoko!!! Sounds like you had a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy happy birthday!!!! sounds like it was perfect timing for the indulgence.

    your photos look amazing!

    patrick sweating?!?!? i dont believe you. are you sure you weren't hallucinating?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, thank you, ladies!!
    I wish I could have a bottle of champagne with you !!!

    @Louise, well only a tiny bit sweat on his shirt I noticed when he's doing pull ups. It is hard to believe that we are the same human being ! Or maybe he's from another planet. It's like a rain drop and a big swimming pool difference!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Naoko! hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY BIRTHDAY NAOKO!!!!

    are starbucks cherry pies really that good? i went there todayh and looked at their assortment of goodies and they all looked like pure sugar...so naturally...I WANTED TO EAT THEM ALL!!!!!!!! god iced coffee instead

    ReplyDelete
  8. Royce, it was goooood !! Cherry is a bit sour, custard is creamy and sweet, they go together with pie crust, ah so good !!
    I love sour cherry so much !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday dear Naoko!

    You have arrived at this year's threshold a new woman. Strong. Doing things you didn't think you could do.

    This coming year will be a wonderful one for you. I am sure of it.

    We have all been very lucky to have you on this journey with us.

    ReplyDelete