Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day 41 NYC Day 4

I couldn't sleep last night. I couldn't fall asleep until 5 am.
I don't know why.
So I was very very sleepy when my alarm went off.
Miki had a carrot cake and gaspaccio for breakfast. What an interesting combination !
She left gaspaccio in the fridge. I tried spoonfull of it.  It was too salty to me.
It is getting difficult to agree with other people's tastes.

I did the jumping after Miki has left (before my breakfast) .

Lunch was at a vegetarian cafe with my former student. The portion was too big for me.
I could not eat the whole thing. The Brito looked like a pillow to me.

Columbus Circle at 6 pm was crowded with  people dancing, singing, shouting and waving flags of Spain. Eveybody was praising the Victory of Spanish Team.
I met my collegue there and we went to Afganistan Restaurant on 9 th Ave.
I had lam, eggplant in tomato sauce and with rice, and salad.
Again the portion was too big.
I want to have a smaller portion, please !

I don't want to eat alone but I don't want to eat what I'm not supposed to eat and feel bad about it.
I want to spend time with friends but eating is a big element of socialization.
Eating out was stressful.
Why eating is such a big event ?
Why we have to eat when we meet someone ?

All I have to say is "I am on a special diet so can we have a cup of tea/coffee ?"  in stead of  "Let's have lunch/dinner.
It's up to me. No one can force me to eat food I don't want to eat. I simply suggest tea/coffee.
I have to convince people around me that I am dead serious about the diet I am on and workout I am working.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to America! The land of the large...I always take leftovers home when I eat out at American restaurants. I'd rather pay less and get less, but it doesn't seem to work that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naoko,

    Eating out - it is what we always do isn't it? When I was in NYC I took home at least half of every restaurant meal. You can ask the waitress to take what is left on your plate and put it in a container "to go".

    It must be quite hot in NYC these last few days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that Afghan restaurant on 9th Avenue! It's terrific! (Or at least, I thought so when I lived there, before doing PCP.)

    You're right, restaurant meals are so tricky, and they're so much a part of our social life. It sounds like you're doing your best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Naoko, stay strong during this trip! It is so hard to eat out while staying true to the PCP, I admire your efforts. Luckily, when we meet up tomorrow you won't have to worry about what to eat - we will both enjoy our iced coffee! (Can't wait to meet you!)

    ReplyDelete