Monday, July 12, 2010

Day 42 New York, New York

As I was walking thruough the Central Park from East side to West side yesterday, I suddenly wanted go to the bathroom.
But the park is huge and I don't know where toilets are. My guide book says that "toilets in the park are not recommended. You should find Starbucks or First Food restaurant and  pay tips.
So I quickly went through the park and looked for cafe. But I didn't see any. I finally saw a nice looking restaurant and I asked them if I could use the ladies room and I did. Is it because change of the diet during this trip ?  I am not regular.  

Afgan restaurant I went yesterday was actually a good restaurant.
The owner was very funny and showed us how to eat like father does to child. I enjoyed that.

After 1500 jumps and workout (which I missed yesterday, I confess !)  then shower I didn't have enough time for breakfast, I quickly ate yogurt and fruits then left home to see my other former students from American School In Japan.
One of them works in the Chrysler bld. so we met in the lobby there. After 20 years, he is a grown up man !! He has wife and 2 children and working hard. The other student is working for the NY Yankees and he is enjoying NY for 11 years now. It was so nice to see them after 20 years.
I had a grilled salmon, spinach, mashed potatoes, and bread. It was a good lunch.

I walked the 5th Ave. from 42nd street and did some shopping. I ended up walking to the Columbus Circle. Whenever I'm in NY, I walk a lot. By the time I got home, I was very hungry but I was sweating badly I had to take shower immediately.

I am so happy  I could eat what I am supposed to eat.
Apple, egg white, yogurt and vegetables are so good.

2 comments:

  1. The Central Park bathrooms are a little sketchy but if you gotta go... you gotta go! Sounds like a wonderful NY day.

    ReplyDelete