Saturday, July 31, 2010

Day 61

My weight 2 years ago was minus 7 kg from my weight now.
I wrote that I was running back then and I've lost 10 kg over 1 year or so.
My friends still remember me back then, so even I've lost about 5 kg, still more to go.
I had been quite active all my life.
I was into sea kayaking for 8 years. I went paddling every weekend and did some long distance touring and crossing the sea like from Honshu to Hokkaido, it took 10 hours for me.
When I was running, I ran at least 15 km every weekend, and sometimes I ran during lunch break.
I used to take a workout class once a week. I did 6 men Out Rigger Canoeing, stand up paddling almost every weekend until last year.

I was afraid to run into the people whom I used to run together because my x-boyfriend is one of them. I kept the distance from the Outdoor Fitness Club that I was a member for 2 years, and I quit.
Ever since I stopped running, I became sort of an indoor person.
I've never been like that before.
To end 10 years of relationship was harder than I expected. To cover up what's missing I found joy in eating sweets. OMG! How many cheese cakes, carrot cakes, brownies, cup cakes, cookies went in to my stomach and I ignored that my jeans are no longer fit me....


I gained 12 kg.
I hated how I look and I hated feeling heavy.
But I did not do anything for 1 and half year.

My colleague's boy friend finished PCP this spring and she talked to me about it several times during lunch break. I searched PCP in internet and I saw some of faces I know in COMPLETED.
Former colleague and my student's father !! Wow!! As I see the pictures of those people I know changed from week to week, I got so excited.

I thought "This is it".
If I don't do it now, it's not  gonna happen.

So here I am on Day 61 and I am very happy and proud of myself !


Today I tried to put my old jeans on.
It fit me!
A bit tight so still have to work on my belly but I can wear them !!!
Great progress!

And I did my workout less than 1 hour.

3 comments:

  1. The important thing isn't that you let yourself get out of shape, but that you're doing something about it! That's more than most people ever do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you decided to do this program! It's great to have you along, and it sounds like this is exactly what you needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the same thing! if I dont do this now il never do it. So glad we are all in this together! keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete